Your CV’s bullet proof, you’ve weaved through the maze of agents/direct hirers and you’ve got that interview!
That job has my name written all over it.
…and then you blow it big style by:
1. Turning up late – [ring ahead if you’re going to be late – common decency!]
2. Having a wet fish hand shake – [the times I’ve heard ‘Neil – good candidate but that hand shake, put me right on the back foot’].
3. Looking like you’ve been dragged through the hedge backwards – [the interview could mean more accreditations, new skills, fantastic projects, great people, more money – make an effort! Get your finest dander on – top hat & cane probably going a bit too far though.]
4. You haven’t done your homework/research – [imagine the first question at interview was ‘OK, could you describe the design/layout of our website please’? The silence & agony if you couldn’t answer. Painful…
5. Looking shifty – [you don’t have to have an international stare out contest but look people in the eye.]
6. Asking non relevant questions or even none at all – [Be interested! Its courteous & infectious. Questions about ‘where can you get a decent bacon sandwich around here?’ are not good].
etc etc. You catching my drift?
Neil – MillsHill – 01803 321233